The DLN seeks to promote growth and professional practices in the high-end design markets by creating educational programs, experiences, and resources for its members who are design firm principals, members of the media and corporate leaders. Join Us.
- Member exclusive invitations to regional and international events including “Behind the Scenes” access to people and places including our spring Intermix at Legends and our private fall dinner in New York City in partnership with the NYDC.
- An invitation to the annual Design Leadership Summit, now in its 14th year.
- DLN Travels: Optional small group adventures that take place each year. Members explore the vibrant world of historical and contemporary art, architecture and design around the world with high-level access to private homes, embassies, museums and UNESCO World Heritage Sites while staying in top design inspired hotels and dining in the finest restaurants. Past DLN Travels include Cuba, Como & Venice, Napa Valley, and Mexico City.
- DLN Forums: Small peer-to-peer groups made up of a healthy mix of designers, architects and partners that meet 4 times a year throughout the country. These groups are selected randomly within the chapters with close attention to ensuring minimal conflicts of interests due to competition among members. The key to Forum is absolute confidentiality thus enabling members to delve into issues from business to personal and receive great feedback and support. The annual forum price is $1400. Click for more details and submit your indication of interest.
- Access to the DLN member website and digital directory and inclusion in our annual printed Membership Directory.
- Receive the monthly DLN Journal newsletter and access to DLN surveys and research reports.
- Access to all historical DLS content through the DLN website.
- Design Masters Council: A “Think Tank” whose members, collectively and individually, address critical issues impacting design, architecture, and landscape design, both creatively and commercially. Its focus ranges from expanding and improving design education to addressing brass-tacks issues that directly affect members, including the evolution of design firm practices, successful marketing in a changing media landscape, and improving client relationships, among many other topics that are crucial to the workings of the industry. Comprised of esteemed members of the design community who have in the past contributed to the DLN, the Design Masters Council advises the DLN on conferences and events, helps to strengthen and broaden its web site, expand its outreach and influence, and devise activities and programs that will positively and directly impact the industry and DLN members.
Our members are characterized by their commitment to professional growth, positive leadership, interest in learning, and contributions to our community and the market-at-large. They are recognized by the quality of their work, are frequently published in the media, and often have multiple facets to their firms including product design, retail and media ventures, and other initiatives. Click to apply for DLN Membership.
MEDIA + TECHNOLOGY
Sukhinder Singh Cassidy
Lord Norman Foster
Rafael de Cardenas
Real Estate Investment & Development
Elisa Orlanski Ours
Art + Photography
Mike D (Diamond)
Michele Oka Doner
Jennifer Dunlop Fletcher
Diane Von Furstenberg
Culinary / Hospitality
Rob Mondavi, Jr.
Dr. Sharon E. Sutton
- The price of DLN Membership is $1400 annually with the option to pay $350 quarterly.
For further information on becoming a member of Design Leadership Network, please contact Managing Director Rebecca Birdwell or apply online here at the link below.