1. The Information We Collect and How We Use It
In joining this membership organization, the Design Leadership Network LLC collects the personal information that you provide us voluntarily, which includes your name and email address, when you send us a message, register with the Site, or subscribe to features.
- Contacting DLN . If you choose to contact Design Leadership Network LLC through the Site, we will collect the data you provide to us voluntarily on the contact submission form, which includes your name and email address. We will use this information to respond to your inquiry.
- Newsletters and other electronic communications. If you choose to sign up for our newsletters, we will collect the data you provide to us voluntarily on the online forms, which includes your name and email address. We will use this information to send you our weekly email newsletter. You also automatically sign up for our newsletter when you join the DLN.
We may use a third party service provider to distribute our newsletter or other electronic communications, and we share your name and email address with that service provider for this purpose. By joining the Design Leadership Network LLC, you consent to the sharing of your personal information with our service provider. If you no longer wish to receive the newsletter or other electronic communications, you may unsubscribe at any time by following the instructions contained in the email distributing the electronic communications (iii). We will also use this information to send you service related notifications and occasional emails advising of changes to the DLN Site or services or other administrative matters. You may not opt-out of these administrative messages, but you may deactivate your account at any time by emailing us at insert the contact address for DLN from the email address that you signed up with. As a DLN member, we will also collect your credit card account, contact and other business related information, which you provide to us voluntarily. We will use this information to process your annual membership dues and any specific events which you have indicated in writing that you wish to attend.
- Cookies; Aggregated Data That Is Automatically Collected. When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain aggregate information about how our Site is being used. This information may include your IP address, the date, time and pages that you visit on the Site, and other information related to your visit and use of the Site. Your information may be combined with the information of other users and we may use it to improve the Site, learn more about how the Site is being used, and provide you with more relevant content. Like most websites, the Site may place a “cookie,” or small text file, in the browser of a user’s computer. This cookie is stored on your computer and will assign you a unique number that allows.
2. Sharing Your Information with other Design Leadership Network LLC Members
- By joining the DLN, your profile and contact information will be stored in our membership directory and will be available to other members for their business use. It is also possible for users to re-post that content outside of the Site. Design Leadership Network LLC is not responsible for any re-posting of your content, and you agree to hold Design Leadership Network LLC harmless for any disputes regarding such re-posting.
- Communicating With Other Users. Without express consent, members should only contact members and use their personal information for DLN communications and for completing the business communications for which the information was provided. Members should not use this information to distribute unsolicited commercial messages.
3. Disclosure of your Personal Information with Third Parties
Design Leadership Network LLC will not share your personal information with any third party without your permission, except in the following circumstances:
- as set forth in this policy (for example, to our service providers);
- in response to a subpoena or when we are required to do so by law (for example, in response to a court order or other legal obligation);
- in response to a law enforcement agency’s request;
- to protect the security or confidentiality of our records;
- in special cases when we have reason to believe that disclosing this information is necessary to identify, contact, or take necessary action against someone who may be causing injury to or interference with our or our users’ rights, or
- If Design Leadership Network LLC goes through a reorganization (e.g., a merger into another organization), in which case you will be notified via an announcement on the Site or otherwise, as we deem appropriate.
Security of your Information
Design Leadership Network LLC uses reasonable precautions to protect your personal information and to store it securely. Your personal information will be stored on a third party server located in the United States and will be password protected. The server on which we store personal information is kept in a reasonably secure environment. You should be aware, however, that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure.
Correcting / Updating your Information
If you are a registered Design Leadership Network LLC member, you may access and update your registration information by sending an email. If you are a listed and approved designer user of Design Leadership Network’s Site, you may access and update your storefront information and content at any time through our password-protected Content Management System. If you have any concerns about how your personal information is being used by the DLN , please let us know by sending us an email